Tuesday, December 27, 2005

20051221 - A Picasso Solstice

So we woke up, ate really good french toast my Mom made for us, and then headed out to Vancouver at 10:30am. We made a stop in Bellingham to check it out, we were quite impressed. The stores, forests, and people were all very nice. I then saw the sign for Western Washington University, and now I think that is where I want to go to get my B.A. Then I went online and found they have an Environmental Education B.A. So I think once I get my prereqs out of the way, I will be moving over there.

The border crossing was easy, they didn’t even look at are passports and just let us drive through after 3 questions. Then we headed up to Vancouver. The traffic there makes Seattle look like a cake walk. It was absolutely nuts, the cafĂ© we were going to go to was in a ghetto shady area and wasn’t what we were looking for so we went directly to the Art Gallery to see the rare Picasso paintings and artwork they had there.

It was really neat, turns out Picasso is crazy as hell and apparently spent a lot of time with a sculptor having orgies. Good times I guess for him. My favorites were “Woman Weeping” and “Minotauromachy” very crazy paintings both of them.

So after that we just checked out the shops that were in that area and then we were tired of the chaos of the town so we decided to leave… little did we know that it would take us 2 hours just to get out of Vancouver, moving like 5 car lengths at a time, it was terrible. But then we arrived at Harrison Hot Springs. We easily found our hotel the Executive Inn and we went and checked in.

The place was pretty cheesy, nothing like we had expected. The room was standard and lame, and the hot tub they had at the facility was a nasty yellowish green. So we headed across the street to the public pool, which was indoors and only slightly better then the hot tub at the hotel.

We figured we would go have some drinks and food at the nearby PUB. So we went over there, Christelle ordered a nice full course meal, and I decided to just get shrimp appetizers and then drink. We both ordered a Wish On A Star martini, and it was so good I drank it in just a few drinks. Then I ordered a Raspberry Cosmopolitan for us both to share… needless to say I drank most of it. Then I ordered shooters: a Gladiator, a Wrecked Golf Cart, Electric Banana, and a few others that I can’t remember the names, but one was a creamy blue color and smelt of bubblegum ice cream but tasted like bananas, it was my favorite one. Anyways the bill was $70, plus I had tipped the two ladies working quite a bit as well. Oh well you only get to vacation once, eh? Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment